Tuesday, June 11, 2013

 “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

I've always wanted to travel, and it doesn't matter if that traveling just takes me to a new restaurant in town, I still count it.  And it seems so often that I travel either in search of food or because of an athletic event; so that's where I took the inspiration for the name of the blog.

Good Food - I love food, doesn't matter what kind, I'll pretty much try anything.  And there are so many wonderful foods out there in the different regions of the US, different countries (or so I'm told), and even different variations among the types of food.  And they're all worth trying.

Running Shoes - I travel a lot for obstacle courses and other such things.  Love the adrenaline rush and the chance to meet new people.  And they're always fun.  I would love to do a race in another country some day.

Wanderlust:  I've moved a lot in the past few years.  I get a yearning to see something different, pack my two cats up, and we try something different.  I'm hoping instead of moving every few years though I can channel that into actual travel.  But we'll see, if not it will certainly keep my personal possessions down moving so much!

So in this blog I hope to share food (whether from my own kitchen or in the travels), musings on running and other athletic feats and race events (and even some nutrition information), and just general travel, whether it be across the world or just a few hours away to somewhere pretty.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment